Model Cohort 15 Registration
Are you a BTU teacher level employee who is currently on the Professional Pathway and interested in participating in the Peer Review Process for movement onto the Model Pathway? You must register to participate in the Peer Review Process for movement to the Model Pathway. Registration for the 18/19 school year will close on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 (11:59pm). Registration for the Spring 2018 cohort will not be accepted after this window closes. You can find more information about the Model Process and changes for this school year on City Schools Inside. If you have questions that this page is unable to answer, please contact the BTU Joint Governing Panel at JGP@bcps.k12.md.us.
Teacher Leaders Program
The AFT/BTU Teacher Leaders Program is a nationwide effort to identify and bring together a select group of teachers each month throughout the year to learn how to take active leadership roles in their schools, unions, and communities. This school year, the program will develop cadres of 15 teacher leaders in locals across the country to help build and strengthen relationships with the community as well as generate support for public schools and their unions. *Mandatory meetings are held on Saturdays from 9a.m. to 4p.m. at the BTU (5800 Metro Dr. Baltimore, MD 21215)*
Key Objective: To identify and develop a cadre of teacher leaders who will serve as catalysts to strengthen the union and its connection to the community in order to generate support for public schools.
If You Are Involved In An Incident At School
- Inform an administrator and Building Representative
- Complete a BTU School Safety Incident Report. You can get one from your Building Representative or at the Union office.
- Always fill out a Baltimore City Incident Report, and go to the City clinic if you are injured. You can obtain an incident report from the school secretary or your principal.
- If you are assaulted by a student (battery, robbery, etc.), call School Police and file a report.
- Report to BTU, in writing, any principal who attempts to stop the process.
- If you are accused of abuse, do not give any statements until you have spoken to a Field Representative.
- Forward a copy of the incident report to the BTU office.
To File Charges:
Contact the Department of Juvenile Services:
(Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center)
300 N. Gay Street, Baltimore, MD 21202
Contact: Ms. Monica Penn DJS Case Management Specialist, 443-863-8729
Contact the Field Representative assigned to your school for any SAFETY questions or concerns
Email the completed form to Cliff Denby at email@example.com
We are also providing a link to Baltimore City Public School’s ACTEC Incident Report. You can get a copy of this document either here or from your school secretary. You will need to have this completed form with you for clinic visits.
Click here to download and/or complete the Baltimore City Public Schools ACTEC Incident Report
For additional information email the JGP at JGP@bcps.k12.md.us.
Click HERE to view.