Meeting link on BCPs
How to Submit Your Public Comment at a Virtual School Board Meeting
In addition to representatives from recognized organizations, up to 10 members of the public may register to speak. Due to the central office being closed because of the COVID-19 public health emergency, public comment procedures are being temporarily amended. Members of the public can participate in the following ways:
- Sending an e-mail of no longer than 400 words that will be read aloud by the Board Executive
- Sending a three minute video or audio recording that will be broadcast during the meeting
- signing up to deliver their comments live during the meeting (3 minute limit)
Members of the public interested in submitting comments can email Karen Lawrence at email@example.com and Christian Gant at firstname.lastname@example.org between 3:15 – 4:15PM on the day of the school board meeting. Please indicate whether you will be commenting live, submitting a video or audio recording, or submitting an email to read. Only the first ten requests for comment will be honored.
- Each person wishing to speak MUST include the following information in their sign up email or they may void their opportunity to speak:
- email address
- telephone number (if applicable);
- school / civic / community affiliation; and
- agenda topic about which the registrant wishes to speak.
The public school board meeting starts at 5:00pm. The meeting agenda is posted to BoardDocs (the Board’s governance website) on the Saturday before the meeting date.
Watch the school board meeting online: https://www.ustream.tv/channel/X2FPEWGvCfS
If you need help, contact: Natalia Bacchus, email@example.com 301-919-3037 cell