The start of the school year also means that open enrollment for your 2019 benefits is right around the corner. This is an important time each year where you can learn more about your benefits and make the most educated decisions for your situation.
What’s New for 2019
Your benefits vendors will stay the same for 2019. However, there are changes to some of the plans – such as different amounts for copays, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximums.
To learn more about your benefit options and what’s changing for 2019, look for your open enrollment newsletter with more information, coming to your home mailbox in October. You can also visit Employee Self-Service and click 2019 Benefit Information. You’ll find comparison charts, brochures, and summaries of the benefits.
Other Important Things to Know
• If you wish to participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2019, you must re-enroll during open enrollment. If you do not re-enroll, you will not have an FSA for 2019.
• November 9 is the deadline to review your coverage, enroll for 2019, and submit required documentation for new dependents on Employee Self-Service.
• You must submit Evidence of Insurability before your enrollment in Optional Life, Spousal Life, and Long Term Disability is effective.
• Print or save a copy of your enrollment confirmation when you are finished – you may need this as verification later.
• Open Enrollment is your only opportunity during the year to change your benefit elections (unless you have a qualifying life event during the year). Review your options to make sure you have the best coverage for your situation.
Open Enrollment Health Fairs
Benefit Fairs are scheduled for Wednesday, October 31st and Wednesday, Nov. 7th from 3-6 pm on both days at Baltimore City Public School Central Office (200 E. North Ave), where they will have Fitbit giveaways and healthy cooking demonstrations at both fairs. These are in addition to high blood pressure screenings, massages and more.
Here are important steps you can take to make the most of your benefits in 2019:
1. Watch your mailbox—Look for your open enrollment newsletter in the mail. Carefully review it for benefit changes, 2019 rates, and enrollment details.
2. Attend a health fair—Check your newsletter for dates, times, and locations where you can talk with health plan representatives, get FREE and FUN health screenings, pick up great giveaways, and more! For your convenience, the fairs will be offered in three locations this year.
3. Click here to select Employee Self-Service to review your current benefits, update dependent data, and make any changes to your 2019 benefits.
If you have questions in the meantime, please email the Department of Employee Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-396-8885.